Total Pageviews

Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)

There have been so many artists that have gotten me through some tough days/years!!!  I am a music junkie - I pretty much like it all....it just has to speak to me and I can relate, but I do have a favorite and have actually had to buy new Cd's because I played the original one so much that it started skipping.....

Dear Jennifer Nettles and Kristian Bush (Sugarland):

This is not just a note to say that I am your biggest fan, but a thank you for writing songs that I can relate to, stimulate my imagination, and pick me up when I am at my worst.  I loved you since your first single "Baby Girl" and have been amazed how true to yourselves you have stayed, never conforming to what others wanted you to become, sing, or wear.  I think that is the biggest lesson I can take from you both - NEVER CONFORM!!!!!  It's not about what others want from me, but what I want from me.....and your songs have taught me that.

With gratitude,
Tracy


So there you have it guys.....its nothing big or fancy, not anything that is 1000 words long that repeats itself over and over, but a simple thank you for teaching me that sometimes you have to forsake what is popular to do something that is right.  Until next time, stay safe and be blessed.

Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment